Saturday, March 8, 2014

Tuesday morning, July 16, 2013 at 06:57


This of course depends entirely upon what the questions are.


"Then Jesus said, "Were not ten cleansed? Where are the nine? Was no one found to return to give praise to God except this foreigner?" And he said, "Rise and go your way; your faith has made you well."
(Luke 17:17-19)

Jesus healed this man of leprosy; the same as restoring life to him. God restored my life to me and I am grateful for a second chance. I am a gentile, yet God's compassion is upon me.

Kie went to work a few minutes ago and today will be my first day at home alone following my heart attack. Kie is very nervous about leaving me here alone, but I am not afraid. The same God who restored my life also holds my life. I know he holds my life and cares for me. Nothing will happen to me without his consent. Again, I am not afraid.

Today is also Winnie's birthday and her birthday will be celebrated here because David and Winnie have packed up their stuff to move. The weather forecast is for hot today, so I expect that we won't be outside very much.

Yesterday I saw my family doctor for my follow-up and he said what he heard (through a stethoscope) concerning my heart was good. He actually seemed surprised, so I take this as a good sign. The visit took longer than I had expected, and at first I was going to walk from the medical center to Tim's house, but it was too hot. The doctor also advised me against walking in this heat.

Tim came and picked me up and we had lunch at his home... and also spent some time talking. I got to see the over-the-stove fan Tim repaired and I am happy that I was able to cut some wood for him to use in that restoration.

Yesterday afternoon I had a rest and fell asleep. I had not planned to sleep but I did. Kie said I snored a bit but not like I did before I had the heart attack. She also said that I do not snore much at night; this is one change that she has noticed.

A moment ago I weighed myself and I am certain the scale was reading 178 lbs, which is the lowest I have weighed in quite a while. I hope I read that correctly. I'll have to ask Kie to check later - I had a problem to see the numbers and lines clearly.

I do not have any plans for today but I do know that I shall have to be somewhat quiet and hide inside. Outside is already +26C and the expected high will be around +32C. Anyway, I shall also check on the markets later, which I usually do... and maybe spend a bit more time reading.



The Oddblock Station Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment