Saturday, March 15, 2014

Friday morning, July 26, 2013 at 07:58


Another day has come and I rejoice that I am able to see it. God has surely been gracious to me.

Last evening I was not feeling too good and I was not sure if the periods of discomfort were indigestion or heart related. I did feel a few spasms of pain but gas relieved those. I suspect that indigestion was the cause. I slept well... really well for about 6 hours... and for me lately that is an improvement. Kie continues to tell me that I am not snoring at night. This morning the scale informed me that my weight is down below 180 at 177 lbs. I have lost weight since Kie was away in March, and this weight loss was not from trying.

"The years of our life are threescore and ten, or even by reason of strength fourscore; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone and we fly away."
(Psalm 90:10)

Last week when I was praying, I asked God to let me live long enough to see 50 years of marriage with Kie and 80 years of life. Whether or not God will allow me these many years is not for me to decide but this is what I have asked for since I came home from the hospital. Whatever the number of my days, every day is a gift.

Yesterday I put up that towel rack that I made to go in what was Kimberly's room. That was the last thing, or one of the last, I made before this heart attack struck. Anyway, not much work was involved in getting it on the wall but I felt tired nonetheless just from that small amount of activity. I was not expecting that. Later on, Kie and I walked over to Ellengale Park again to watch trains, and this time I was not tired out... so I felt better about that.

I feel okay but I guess inside is not right. A return to wood working should probably wait until next week.

"The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his compassion is over all that he has made."
(Psalm 145: 8-9)

These words are true and I know from looking back over the years of my life... not just these last 3 weeks.


The Oddblock Station Agent



No comments:

Post a Comment