Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday morning, July 29, 2013 at 06:54


"And immediately he received his sight and followed him, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God."
(Luke 18:43)

This verse of course refers to a blind man who's sight was restored when he cried out for mercy. Jesus heard him a restored his sight.

Dr. Fussy to Grandpa: Don't worry! You're in good hands - I can see them!
In my case my life was restored. I was not able to cry out - I didn't even know that I was a dead man and that my life was ended. God had compassion upon me and restored my life. I am truly humbled and amazed when I think about what occurred on that day. God spared me. I had nothing at all to do with that. I had no control and no say on whether to fight to stay or let go and pass away. I had no ability to decide or do anything. God held my life in his hands as he has always done. Life is a gift that we are powerless to control.

This morning I will have to go for a blood test to have the I.N.R. level checked. Last week was high at 4.2 and I had to stop taking the warfarin for two days. Back on again last evening at 3 mgs. Tomorrow all that may change depending upon today's blood test result.

In the last few days - a week maybe - I have been sending e-mail updates to Alan and he has been showing these to my father to read. Seems as if my father is more interested in reading those messages than talking with me on the phone. The challenge to me is to find things to write about. Also, the sent messages become a record of what has been going on.

Anyway, I should get washed up and then have breakfast so that I'll be ready for whatever time Tim will be ready and able to take me for the blood test. Next Wednesday I should be able to drive again, and then routines will change back to more the way they were, including taking Kie to work.


The Oddblock Station Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment