Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday morning, August 19, 2013 at 08:03


Today is Ted's 58th birthday and I am wondering if he knows what day of the week it is. Does he remember that today is his birthday?

I find it strange that a person can forget their birthday - Mom is an exception because of her dementia - but a few years ago when I called Ted on his birthday, he seemed to have no idea what day it was or that it was his birthday.

I have not written for a few days because I have had little to write about. I would say this is good because I am doing okay healthwise - I hope. Yesterday marked the 6th week since my heart attack and the first six weeks of recovery seem to be the most critical to get through. The next marker to pass will be 3 months - 7 weeks away.

Grateful to God to be on top of the hill instead of under it.
Every evening Kie and I have been walking over to Ellengale Park, watching trains and taking pictures of the trains. I have actually been doing some writing about that - on the blogs and posting up some of those new photos. I have also been updating some of the older posts with relevant older photos I have found - no one reads my stuff anyway. The blogs function more as a record keeper and maybe as a type of back-up for my older files. Perhaps one could call blogging an electronic form of being a packrat.

I feel that I have recovered well from my heart attack and I am now wondering what I should resume doing in my life - within reason and safe to do. Kie is always very nervous that something will happen to me again. At times I think she worries about that more than I do. Life may not be exactly the same as it was before, but I am  looking forward to see what God has planned and what he will do.

"A man's steps are ordered by the Lord; hown then can a man understand his way?"
(Proverbs 20:24)

Maybe this question is one of the reasons why I do not understand life, and why I struggle at times to understand purpose. Anyway, today I understand far better how short life can be and how quickly and unexpectedly the end can and will come at some date; and at a time not of our choosing.

Time here is a gift and I think it is better to do something rather than nothing, in whatever form that may take.


The Oddblock Station Agent





No comments:

Post a Comment