Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wednesday morning, August 14, 2013 at 08:20


Before, life was just working hard. Today, life is working hard to try to remember. (A drawing by Kimberly)


Four things I forgot this morning that I should not have forgotten:

1. I forgot to thank God for this new day when I awoke.
2. I forgot to take my pill before breakfast.
3. I forgot to take the blood pressure records back upstairs.
4. I forgot that Sheridan Medical was going to call me today.

I am really bothered by the fact that completely I forgot these things, especially the 2nd and 3rd items because I was thinking about these particular two only moments before they were to be done, yet they were lost from my thoughts nonetheless. Both were completely forgotten when I started doing something else first - distraction really - but my short term memory is starting to fail me. 

The 4th item was completely out of mind because it was something from yesterday. 

The 1st item I was able to remember before I got out of bed, but I had been awake for a while.

These forgotten things are seemingly small and trivial because they are, but the fact I am forgetting in this manner is new to me - and I am bothered by this new reality that I cannot seem to change or prevent.

Anyway, yesterday was Mom's 79th birthday and I did not forget that day and event. I was not able to pick up the telephone and call her for the reasons I mentioned before. She did not even know that yesterday was her birthday. Such is that awful curse of Alzheimer's Disease. Instead, I posted a few pictures on the blog and recorded some of my thoughts.

All I know is that the years pass by and the world we know changes. We change; I change.

Nothing remains the same except for God's word and God's love. He has promised us that these two will not change and they will not depart from us.


The Oddblock Station Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment